Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas time

So... There is strange phenomenon this time it gets cold and the malls fill up and I can tell it Christmas time because I am procrastinating like crazy. Even with only two of the 30 or so gifts I need to get, I am writing a blog about Christmas. Well here is the basic fact that underlies the Christmas Season. It is a time when we should think about Christ. Thinking about his birth, mission and ministry. All the other stuff is really connected to that. Family, presents, food, concerts and parties, it all should be related. It has not totally lost its true meaning, but it is slipping away. Christmas has never been a really been a great time of year for me. There are lots of little reasons, and big reasons that I am not going to post. But Mainly, I think it is because I forget to connect it back to Christ. The good news is that I have a plan for next year. Because next year is a leap year, I will have an extra day next year to do all my shopping. I will do all my shopping on Feb 29th, then I will be able to really enjoy Christmas 2008 and think how Christ can be a part of my Christmas Season, not just a part of my nativity set.

1 comment:

Libby's Library said...

I would love to see new posts on your site. After all, I do have 24 hours in each day, and right now, I'm only using up about 20 of them, reading blogs!
Welcome to the family my dear, soon to be SIL!